Saturday, November 24, 2007


I know that this blog entry is a little bit different from the rest but I thought I had to share this with you.
I was reading this book over the last two days. Unfortunately my tiredness prevented me from reading it in a row. This book which has the title "first in thirst - how gatorade turned the sience of sweat into a cultural phenomenon" tells the story about Gatorade and how it was established on the market. The reader learns the marketing secrets of Gatorade and how it survived attacks by Coca-Cola and PepsiCo.
I found it incredible to learn how a couple of doctors at the University of Florida developed this drink from collecting sweat. It sounds kind of weird but what they created was and still is a market phenomenon.
I can highly recommend this book for everybody who is interested in the sports business, especially in marketing and also for everybody who just loves to read incredible stories.
It is very easy to read and I promise you will read this book in one day.
Darren Rovell just does an amazing job teling Gatorade's story and actually keeps his readers and everybody interested in the Gatorade brand updated on his blog. The Gatorade Blog.
And if you want to know where the "Gatorade dunk" comes from there is really no way you can skip this book.

No comments: